Johnston Road, c. 1955
Looking east from Southorn Playground.
To the left, on the junction of O'Brien Road was Tai Sing Restaurant.The tallest building on its back was the prestigious Ying King Restaurant(today the Tai Yau Building).
On the rear of the tram originally was the Wanchai Police Station,then changed to the headquarters of Salvation Army in 1930s.
To the right, there were two tea houses. The Lung Fung tea house which opened in 1948 changed to Lung Moon Restaurant in late 1950s. Now, it is still there.