Po Yan Street , c. 1930
Lying between Hollywood Road and Hospital Road, the name of this road was Fan Mo Street and then changed to Po Yan Street due to the opening of the first hospital for Chinese－－Tung Wah Hospital, in 1872.
Tung Wah Hospital is the biggest benevolent institution which serves the Chinese of Hong Kong and the world cordially.
There were two theatres in Po Yan Street. "Shing Ping"(later changed to "Polok")was at the junction of Tai Ping Shan Street, and "Tung Hing" at Po Hing Fong. The latter was rebuilt to "Chung Hing Theatre" in 1890s. ■鄭寶鴻 香港歷史博物館名譽顧問