Nathan Road, Mong Kok, C.1953
At the middle of the picture, there was the Nathan Theatre, which was located at the junction of Soy Street. And it was still for military use. It was rebuilt to Sun Hing Building in late 1950s.
On the right, the house in which the Happy Valley Sport Association was located was once the Oriental Tobacco Factory in 1950s. It was rebuilt to the Chung Kiu Chinese Emporium Co. in 1960s. Nowadays, it is the Sino Centre.
The tallest house at the back was the Shaw's Building with the Paris Restaurant and Night Club. It was rebuilt to the Mongkok Centre in 1970s. ■鄭寶鴻 香港歷史博物館榮譽顧問