Ming Yuen Amusement Park, c.1920
The Park was opened in 1918 and located at the area of today's North Point Tram Terminus and Ming Yuen West Street. Behind it was the hill once called "Ming Yuen Hill".
There were Chinese and Western eateries, garden, theatre, hotel and beach in the Park.
Many people liked to hold their wedding parties here. During the Dragon Boat Festival, the governor would come to attend the ceremony of the Dragon Boats Competition.There had been buses and trams running between Shek Tong Tsui and Ming Yuen from 1923. Ming Yuen was closed in the mid 1930s. ■鄭寶鴻 香港歷史博物館名譽顧問