A plateau at the intersection of Wyndham Street, Glenealy, Lower Albert Road and D'Aguilar Street was named after Lieutenant William Pedder, the first Harbour Master and Marine Magistrate of Hong Kong. His office was also established there.
In 1841, there was Elliot's Vale which was named after the first Administrator (Governor). Later, the name of Elliot's Vale has been changed to Glenealy, and it's called "Tit Kong"in Chinese.
In 1890, Dairy Farm Co. built a cold storage warehouse there. The building renovated and expanded in 1913, in which the Fringe Club is located today.